The mission of the MarketPlace is:
* To manage and operate a sustainable, self-supporting community farmers market in The Village at Lee Branch.
* To support and promote a sustainable and vibrant local agricultural industry by providing an outlet for the sale of locally-grown and produced agricultural products, and by educating the community about its agricultural heritage and agriculture today.
* To support and encourage the arts by providing an outlet for the sale of artisan crafts and other fine art products, and opportunities for local musicians and other entertainers to perform.
* To provide nutrition education through vendor sharing, cooking demonstrations, and community-expert presentations designed to help the local population learn how the food we eat impacts the quality of nutrients our body has to stay healthy and to fight disease.
* To provide opportunities for local community groups to mix and mingle through presentations and non-profit booths, helping them to tell their story, thereby contributing to relationships and a stronger sense of community in Shelby County.