When farmers, friends, and patrons gather to shop local produce, eat, visit and learn together, sustainable community relationships are born. The MarketPlace exists to connect growers, producers and artisans with the local Shelby county community, and to link the public to the source of a healthy food supply in an upscale and inviting environment filled with quality farm fresh food products, local artisans, music and open air dining.
The mission of the MarketPlace is:
* To manage and operate a sustainable, self-supporting community farmers market in The Village at Lee Branch.
* To support and promote a sustainable and vibrant local agricultural industry by providing an outlet for the sale of locally-grown and produced agricultural products, and by educating the community about its agricultural heritage and agriculture today.
* To support and encourage the arts by providing an outlet for the sale of artisan crafts and other fine art products, and opportunities for local musicians and other entertainers to perform.
* To provide nutrition education through vendor sharing, cooking demonstrations, and community-expert presentations designed to help the local population learn how the food we eat impacts the quality of nutrients our body has to stay healthy and to fight disease.
* To provide opportunities for local community groups to mix and mingle through presentations and non-profit booths, helping them to tell their story, thereby contributing to relationships and a stronger sense of community in Shelby County.